American Transportation Lines
Information & Help
Bags transported by American must be tagged with an identification tag and a claim check issued by American. Passengers are responsible for transporting their own luggage to the bus for storage by the baggage handler; however, passengers requiring assistance with their bags, such as elderly or disabled passengers or parents with small children, may obtain a special handling identification tag issued at the ticket counter. Passengers must pick up luggage at their destination or for transfer to another bus.
One piece of checked luggage is permitted at no charge for each adult or child ticket purchased, as long as it meets the size and weight requirements. One additional bag is permitted for adults only, but a fee is charged for the additional bag. Checked bags can weigh no more than 50 pounds, and they must be no more than 62 inches in overall size when the length, width and height dimensions of the bags are added together. A fee is assessed for bags that exceed the size limits.
+ Passengers are prohibited from transporting firearms, explosives, chemicals, combustible materials or hazardous materials on the bus or in checked luggage.
One small bag is permitted on board the bus for each child and adult passenger. The bags must fit in either the overhead compartment or under the seat. Passengers can bring computers on board as a carry-on item, but they may not stow them in the luggage compartment. Passengers should carry all money and prescription medications on board the bus.
American Transportation Lines limits its liability for damage to luggage to 25, 000 CFA for checked bags for each adult ticket and 12, 500 CFA for each child’s ticket. Over-sized, overweight or additional bags are limited to 10, 000 CFA liability. For a fee of up to 125, 000 CFA you can insure your bags. Lost or delayed bags will be delivered only to addresses within our destinations; for other locations, passengers must make their own arrangements for delivery. American accepts no liability for carry-on luggage.
Onboard & Ride Policies
- Please use headphones when listening to your radio / CD / MP3 player
- No firearms
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on any American Transportation Lines buses.
- Please do not bring pets on board except guide dogs or trained personal assistant animals.
- Do not distract your operator while the bus is in motion.
- Never cross the white line near the front door while the bus is in motion.
- Children age six and younger must be accompanied by an older passenger or an adult.
- Traveling in American Transportation Lines bus is a privilege. Do not abuse it by behaving in a way that offends other customers or affects the safe operation of the bus.
- American Transportation Lines buses will only stop at safe locations to make a pick-up or drop-off.
- American Transportation Lines is not responsible for personal belongings. Please make sure to take all belongings when exiting the bus. If you find something that has been lost, please give it to the operator. Please call the American Transportation Lines office with lost and found inquiries at +221 77 23 77 66 5
- Please exit the bus carefully and always walk behind the bus when safe to do so.